Below is a list of my findings, which is relatively short, but should be quite accurate. Most of the companies are startups, which is not surprising. Even many of these companies do not really use Twitter. There is a lot of work to be done to better utilize the great service.
I have only included companies that tweet. There are of course a lot of people in other companies that use it for business purposes, but they
Finnish companies that Tweet
- Design Craft Nyland twitter.com/designcraft – Nylands Hantverk Design Craft Finland
- Dopplr twitter.com/DopplrHQ Online service for smarter travel. Only company to use Twitter in their business: http://twitter.com/dopplr
- Energia Productions twitter.com/Energia Makers of Star Wreck
- Fruugo twitter.com/fruugo
- MahShelf twitter.com/mahshelf Online digital comic books’ heaven.
- MySites twitter.com/mysites The hottest Finnish invention since sauna! A single place for all your online needs.
- Nokia_SnS twitter.com/nokia_sns Resourcing arm of Nokia’s Services and Software division
- Orxter twitter.com/orxter A new way of playing classical music
- Tripsay twitter.com/tripsay Travel website
- xtract twitter.com/xtract Social Advertising Intelligence: tools for effective marketing & advertising
- zipipop twitter.com/zipipop Start-up trying to make everyday life easier
- W.Steinmann twitter.com/wsteinmann – the advertising agency I work for
Two finnish IT news sites use it just for posting their news automatically:
- Macmaa http://twitter.com/macmaa Apple-uutiset, testit ja vinkit – Apple news and tests
- tietokone http://twitter.com/tietokone Tietoteknlogian asiantuntija
There clearly is a lot of room for more Finnish companies on Twitter. So sign up and follow me: twitter.com/startupbin. I’ll be happy to help you yo get started using Twitter.
If you other finnish companies using Twitter, please tell in the comments.
[Brands that Tweet via http://twitter.com/jowyang]