Read/WriteWeb’s Alex Iskold has constructed a great article 36 Startup Tips: From Software Engineering to PR and More!. It covers the most important topics and is must read for anyone interested in startups.
Here are also some other resources for startups I’ve come across lately: Read more…
Marc Andreessen’s The Pmarca Guide to Startups is a very good guide addressing the issues a high-tech startup founder will be facing.
- Part 1: Why not to do a startup
- part 2: When the VCs say “no”
- part 3: “But I don’t know any VCs!”
- part 4: The only thing that matters
- part 5: The Moby Dick theory of big companies
- part 6: How much funding is too little? Too much?
- part 7: Why a startup’s initial business plan doesn’t matter that much
- part 8: Hiring, managing, promoting, and firing executives
- part 9: How to hire a professional CEO
The post are quite long (except the last one), but comprehensive. Definitely a must for any wannabe-founder like me.